Keep Your Kids Safe
- Blocking porn
- More topics
- BlackBerry safety tips
- Adult filter on Blackberry App World
- Stranger danger
- Wolf in sheep's clothing
- Festive cheer or festive fear?
- Cyber bullying 1 of 3: A threat to our youth, or kids being kids?
- Cyber bullying 2 of 3: Your child is being bullied. Now what?
- Cyber bullying 3 of 3: When all else fails...
- Parents guide to online and cellphone usage
- Parent/Child contract: putting the ball in your child's court
- Cellphone addiction
- Why the Blackberry is the safest phone
- In the dark...
- Back to school cellphone tips
- Safety Apps
- User poll
- About Us
- Contact Us
How to block porn on a Samsung or Android device (7-11 year olds)
We recommend an app called Kytephone. In their own words, you can turn "any Android phone into a safe kids phone". Apart from blocking porn you can locate your child, follow their activity on-line & set time limits for playing games. It is easy to use & the step by step instructions are below. The app is free but the website tool is a monthly subscription of $5/month or $40 per year. (Note that this has only be tested on a Samsung S3 and results on other Android phones may differ.)