Keep Your Kids Safe
Block adult content
Are you worried your child may become exposed to adult content on their smartphone or tablet? Learn how to prevent this:
- Android phones & tablets: learn about the Android apps that block adult content. We recommend Mobicip Safe Browser
- Apple iPhone and iPad: Learn more about IOS restrictions
- Samsung: Check out Samsung Kids Mode
- BlackBerry: learn about SmyleSafe
- Vodacom: learn about Vodacom's adult filter
- MTN learn about MTN's adult filter
- Wifi: learn how to block adult content on your wifi network at home using Open DNS Family Shield
- Disable internet: stop internet access on the SIM card
- How to block a website or group of websites
Locating your child & panic button
Learn the different methods to locate your child on their smartphone or tablet:
- Apple iPhone and iPad: Learn more about Find my Phone and iCloud
- Android: learn more about Android Device Manager
- BlackBerry: learn more about BlackBerry protect
- Vodacom or MTN: learn more about locating on any type of phone
- Panic button: Learn how to turn your child's phone into a mobile panic button so you can locate them in an emergency.
- Cellphone addiction: what is it, how to manage it & useful apps
- Cyber bullying part 1: A threat to our youth, or kids being kids?
- Cyber bullying part 2: Your child is being bullied. Now what?
- Cyber bullying part 3: When all else fails
- Cellphones the new cigarette? Combating Cellphone addiction
- Wolf in sheeps clothing: on-line predators
- You might want to try out the Parent/Child contract: putting the ball in your child's court
- Stranger danger: arm your child against cyber stalkers
- Read the truth about the hidden dangers of cellphone camera's
- Have you heard about Google Play's Designed for Families app program?
- Discover more about BlackBerry parental controls
- Learn how to disable Mxit chat rooms
- Learn more about Mxit safety guidelines